Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Off the beaten path

So my friend Crystal, who has the most beautiful girls on the planet, is moving away from me. Its really starting to sink in. Its funny because when we first started hanging out and I was planning on moving away she flipped a lid, not 6 months later shes leaving me. She was supposed to leave yesterday but due to some unforeseeable hangups she had a week or so more here. One of the first things Crystal and I started doing when we met was going on "adventures" some were small others out of town, but all of them were things that were a little "off the beaten path" so to speak. It seems like when I moved to Orlando it was full of all these amazing things to do, way more than Gainesville. However people quickly get in a rut around here of nothing more than Disney, dinners, shopping and maybe an occasional movie. So I made it my personal mission to find other things to do.
Saturday night we went on what could prove to be our last adventure for a while. We took the girls to see the Classic Car parade at Old town. It was a ton of fun, and really cheap (free for me if you don;t count the drinks because it was 1000 degrees). It was really good to see the girls have a good time on the rides (even those were relatively inexpensive) and it was A LOT of fun to take pictures of. Here are a couple of my faves.
Spinning tea cups that also go up and down.
This is the last picture of Crystal smiling, after this she started looking a bit sick.
Carousel



Hailie on the Carousel
She rode in a spinning booth because she couldn't really spin on the tea cups with her mom and sister.

Motorcycles

A couple of times around the circle this ride rose up as if the bike was doing a wheelie, it was so cute because Chelsie thought she was controlling it and making the bike stand up.

Mechanical Bull
Hailie rode the bull the full time limit and held her hand in the air most of the ride. The guy controlling it called out on the PA that she was the "bravest cowgirl to ride all day" can't believe she is only 6.

Frog Hopper

This is likely my favorite picture of the night. The girls were just SO happy.

So even though this might be out last "adventure" for a while I'm sure Ill see the ladies a couple more times before I leave. I pray they find a good place to stay and go to church up in North Florida. OBC isn't going to be the same without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment